|Table of contents|
Pacfic Lutheran University (http://www.plu.edu) is located seven miles south of downtown Tacoma, Washington, at the intersection of Garfield Street S. and Park Avenue S. The mailing address is 12108 Park Ave S. Tacoma, WA 98477. We usually meet in room 201 on the 2nd floor. Here's a link to the map: http://www.plu.edu/about/maps/
- Take exit 127 off Interstate 5 and head east on Highway 512
- Continue on 512 for approximately two miles to Pacific Avenue S. (Parkland-Spanaway exit)
- Turn right (south) on Pacific Avenue S.
- Turn right on Garfield
- Xavier Hall is near the intersection of Garfield and C St and is not far from front of the campus.
- Google Maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=12108+Park+Ave+S,+Tacoma,+WA&hl=en)
There is a large Parking lot between Wheeler St and Garfield St, and between Park Ave and C St. On Saturdays, anybody can park there. Campus Safety patrols regularly, but a security check-in on weekends is not required.
Nearby Pierce Transit Bus Routes
- Route 1 (6th Ave-Pacific Ave) (http://www.piercetransit.org/imagemap/1/1.htm)
- Route 45 (Yakima) (http://www.piercetransit.org/imagemap/45/45.htm)
- Route 55 (Parkland-Mall) (http://www.piercetransit.org/imagemap/55/55.htm)
- Route 204 (Lakewood-Parkland) (http://www.piercetransit.org/imagemap/204/204.htm)
- Route 410 (112th St) (http://www.piercetransit.org/imagemap/410/410.htm)
Note: The Parkland Transit Center (http://www.piercetransit.org/imagemap/tctrs/pkldctr.htm) is only two blocks away from PLU.
- The room can easily seat 100+ people comfortably.
- You should bring your own power strips.
- Direct Cat5 and Wifi connections are possible, but you must first authenticate with the PLU student network, which will require a temporary login and password. These accounts are provided on an as-requested basis by getting ahold of David Allen (our PLU contact) and asking at the meeting.
- There is a great audio/visual projector and sound system in the room for multimedia presentations.
If you plan on bringing a desktop computer, please bring a mat something to set your computer equipment on. The tables in the room are hardwood, and we do not want to damage campus facilities.