Here you will find general information about our meetings, details about the meeting agenda's, and what to expect when you attend a TACLUG meeting.
Location & Time
- Date: TACLUG meetings are held once a month, whenever there are 2 or more people interested in having a meeting.
- Time: Whenever it's convenient. See the specific meeting information page for details.
- Location: Varies, depending on available locations. See the meeting information link above for details.
First 30 minutes - Introductions - It is not anticipated that introductions and presentations will take a full half-hour. We use what we term a "Tort and Retort" format, so be prepared to ask and/or answer questions. Each person is usually asked to introduce themselves and tell the group a little bit about themselves, including, but not limited to:
- Your experience with Linux, past or present.
- Your favorite Distro or which one you're playing with currently.
- What made you decide to come to our meeting or participate.
Rest of the Meeting - Presentations, Tech Sessions, and Socializing.
- We will manage the meeting time to take breaks between presentations.
- We have various presenters, some skilled, and some still honing their presentation skills. Please be kind and give them your full attention and respect.
- If you have any suggestions for a presenter, a presentation, or want to do a presentation, please send an eMail to the General List. If you're not a member of the General List, click here to sign up!
- Bring your computer if you desire some assistance in Linux installations, configurations, or trouble shooting. Just remember, there is no charge for these services. And you, as the owner of your computer, are ultimately responsible to approve of any changes made to your computer. If you wish to get help with your computer, please make sure your data is backed up before coming to this meeting.
- Please, save your socializing for the end of the meeting, as it's very distracting to the other members as well as the presenters. It's a common occurance for several of us to congregate after the meeting at the nearest eatery and continue socializing and you are most welcome to join.
- April: Linux Fest Northwest (http://www.linuxnorthwest.org/) - Trek to Bellingham and hang out with hundreds of other cool Linux geeks!
- August - Annual Picnic/BBQ - Fun get-together sometimes including a Garage Sale or "NoCash Swap" Swap Meet.
- December - Holiday Meeting & Party - Be of good cheer! We're still alive and kicking! Let's celebrate that!
Other Recurring Topics
- InstallFest - Bring your computer and learn how to install YOUR favorite Distro!
- State of Linux - Learn about the Free and Open Source Community
- Linux Essentials - Learn about the basics, bash, screen, etc.
- Linux System Administration - Learn how to administer lots of linux machines, samba, mta's, sql, etc.
- Security - Tips and Techniques on how to keep your Linux systems safe and secure.